Sunday, March 16, 2008

Buyers out and about

I held an open house in Sunnyvale at a cute little property on Taylor Street. It wasn't my listing it was another agents listing. I did want to hold it open to get a feel for the market and also because it's such a darling place. If I was a young single gal it would be the type of place I would love to live in. Three bedrooms, one bathroom, large backyard - big enough for a dog. There was more to it but I don't want to go on. You can find it on the MLS listings service if you are interested or curious or go to Don's website http://donaldtanner.com/

I held it open because it was an easy place to talk about and easy to talk to visitors to the property. What I learnt was that there are loads of interested buyers out there looking. However, a common complaint I have is buyers don't take the time to go talk to a lender before looking. As a result they don't know really what dollar value they can go look at. For all I know the three of four people that expressed some interest in the property were actually not able to buy or might even be better off looking at something more than $650K.

If you are going to buy and are serious take time to talk to a lender and find out how much it is going to cost you to buy. What's it going to hurt you? It's not as though you are getting a shot in the arm. Find out if you even want to be in the market looking. Don't waste your gas driving around properties till you know how much you can afford.

My two cents - and I hope it makes SENSE!

No comments: