Saturday, December 23, 2006

Welcome

Here I am an Aussie living in California working as a realtor. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would end up here in the US working in the real estate industry.

Many moons ago I worked in Melbourne for a real estate agent in the office both in sales and in rentals - hated it. Those agents there were lower than used car sales men. Talk about sleezy slippery ways of getting a sale or listing. I heard it all at the weekly meetings. The worst came from the owners of the company. Since they are still in business and still well known in Melbourne around the South Eastern fairly upmarket suburb I won't mention their names.

But here I am after a few years of doing retail and watching my husband go in and out of the tech industry job situation I decided to go get my license and join the valley's finest. At least here the Board makes you swear an oathe of honesty and integrity. Somehow, it seems far more respectable here to be a realtor compared to Australia.

No comments: