Thursday, December 28, 2006

Australian Real Estate Vs American

In Australia I worked for an well established company in a well established suburb for a while.

It really turned me off real estate. Hearing stories from 'salesmen' how they got clients to offer more, or took bids from trees (most houses were sold at auction in Melbourne - though that is changing now), how there was someone else interested in a property when there was no-one else. It really was pretty eye opening I guess, and it wasn't long before I really couldn't take it and I decided to get out of the industry.

When I came here and had my first experience dealing with a very successful CB agent I discovered a different real estate attitude. Once again a eye opener. Her attitude was you are a client for life and I can always call on her for advice. Over the years I have, and it was her style that really influence me in taking a second look at real estate. I'm glad I did, and though I've not come across horror stories of agents here in the bay area, I have heard some say that they have but ethics prevents them from even sharing those stories. My experience so far with my colleagues has been very rewarding but then again I think that's because Keller Williams as a company has a lot to stand on. They talk about:

Win / Win - or no deal
Integrity - do the right thing
Customers - always come first
Commitment - in all things
Communication - seek first to understand
Creativity - ideas before results
Teamwork - together everyone achieves more
Trust - begins with honesty
Success - results through people
Pretty amazing belief system. Plus a value statement that is: God, family and then business - makes it a powerful company to be associated with.

No comments: